Bacon Blanketed Pork Loin
One of the easiest recipes. Note: this recipe is neither Kosher, Halal, or Vegan
- Pre-seasoned pork loin
- Bacon 12-16 oz
- Baking sheet with sides
- Parchment Paper optional
- Kitchen Knife such as a Chef’s knife
- Cutting board large enough for loin
- Thermometer corded external probe, digital
- Oven mitts
- Toothpicks plain, not colored and without fancy decorations
- Forks metal
- If using parchment paper to ease cleanup, place parchment paper on cooking sheet.
- Unwrap/open pork loin and place on cooking sheet (or parchment paper).
- Open package of bacon and apply bacon on top of loin. You may use a couple of pieces of bacon applied to the loin lengthwise to cover the ends of the loin. Fold the bacon in half or an approximation and layer the bacon width-wise completely covering the loin.
- Insert toothpicks in the bacon to ensure that the bacon doesn’t move off the loin while cooking.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Insert probe of meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, trying to place the probe tip in the center of the meat.
- Open Oven.
- Place sheet on the middle rack of the oven and close the oven, ensuring the cable on the probe is outside of the oven.
- Plug the cable into the thermometer control module.
- Turn on the thermometer control module and set the alert to 143F. Ensure the thermometer control module displays the current temperature of the loin.
- Place the trivets on a surface that you will place the hot cooking sheet on when removed from the oven.
- Kick-back and relax until the alert goes off.
- Don’t rush, you can take a minute or two to get to the loin. The alert temperature was set to 2 degrees lower than the safe temperature to give you time to get to the oven.
- Turn the oven off.
- Put on the oven mitts.
- Open oven and carefully remove the hot cooking sheet, being extra cautious to ensure that any exposed body part does not come in contact with a hot surface.
- Place the cooking sheet on the trivets that you placed down during a previous step.
- Close oven.
- Remove toothpicks; a twisting action may be required.
- Place the cutting board near the cooking sheet.
- Carefully lift the loin from the cooking sheet and set onto the cutting board.
- Move the cooking sheet to another heat safe surface, if needed, to ensure you don’t burn yourself on the cooking sheet while cutting the loin.
- Using the knife and fork, slice the loin into 1/2 inch medallions and serve.