A delicious low-carb cheeseburger casserole that will satisfy your need for a cheeseburger without needing to worry about the bun.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 lb Bacon chopped
- 6 oz Cream cheese
- 1 lb Shredded cheese cheddar or cheddar mix
- 4 ea Eggs, large
- 1 T Liquid smoke
- 1 T Harissa seasoning
- 1 T Onion powder You may substitute for 1/3 C freshly cut onions
- 1 T Garlic powder Be careful not to use garlic salt.
- 1/4 t Sazon seasoning I prefer Badia brand. If you buy the box, then 1 packet is appropriate.
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Casserole dish
- 1 Oven
- 1 Thermometer, remote with alarm
- 2 Potholders or heat resistant gloves
- Divide the cheddar cheese and reserve half.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix the beef, the chopped bacon, the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and eggs.
- Mix in the seasonings.
- Place the mixture in a casserole dish, leveling it out covering the entire bottom. Top the mixture with the remaining cheese.
- Set the oven temperature to 350F.
- Place temperature probe into the center of the meat, and set the alert to 158F. (Note: The minimum safe temperature for ground meat is 160F, if you pull the casserole out at 158, it will continue to cook past 160F.)
- Open the oven, place the dish in the oven and close the oven.
- Wait for the thermometer to indicate that the set temperature alert has been reached and using the potholders or gloves, remove the casserole from the oven and place on a heat resistant surface.
- While you allowing the casserole to sit for 3-5 minutes, close the oven and turn it off.
- Serve and enjoy!