Low-carb porridge that satisfies as much as a bowl of oatmeal or farina. The texture is most like farina as it is very smooth and it is easy to make.
A recipe for a low-carb porridge that satisfies as much as a bowl of oatmeal or farina. The texture is most like farina as it is very smooth and it is easy to make.
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1 ea egg white if you use pre-separated egg whites, use 2 tbsp
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp splenda you may use your preferred low-carb sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup blueberries You may substitute unsweetened cranberries
- Set blueberries aside. These will be added near the end of cooking.
- Add all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place saucepan in stove and heat at medium heat, until mixture begins to boil. NOTE: Continual gentle stirring may be required to prevent burning of porridge.
- Lower temperature to low and add blueberries.
- Continue to gently stir until the porridge has reached desired consistency.