The wonderful King Family has made this cake a few times and before I had to adopt a low-carb lifestyle, I enjoyed this cake immensely. I hope that you enjoy this terrific cake as much as I have.
This cake is always a big hit and the lovely matriarch of the family has been gracious enough to share her recipe for this lovely cake.
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powdered
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp skim milk varies based on desired consistancy
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- colored sugar to add a little pizzazz
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place crescent roll slices around a round pan with the points pointing towards the center and press the seams between the segments.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Distribute the mixture into the pan on top of the crescent rolls.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the mixture previously placed in the pan on top of the crescent rolls.
- Fold the dough over the mixtures.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The dough should be golden brown.
- Mix the powered sugar, skim milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Apply icing to the cake.
- Sprinkle colored sugar on top of the icing if desired.