This is a simple, low-carb item that is tolerant of modification, and my go to if I need a muffin or roll-like item to fill a niche or satisfy a craving. If you want more of a cupcake texture, omit the xanthum gum. You can add some unsweetened chocolate and a teaspoon of swerve or other sugar substitute if you want this to be more like a chocolate cake. Note: you may need to add additional liquid based on modifications. Experimentation is encouraged. If you found a mod that is amazing, post a comment and share with the world.
Low-carb Minute Muffin
- 2 T Almond flour
- 2 T Coconut flour
- 1/4 t Baking powder
- 1/2 t Xanthum gum
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1 ea Egg large
- 1 T Olive oil extra virgin
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a microwavable mug.
- Add egg and oil.
- Stir well with a fork, ensure there are no lumps.
- Pack down to ensure there are no air pockets at the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. (assuming usage of 1kw microwave oven, adjust as required.)
- Remove the muffin from the cup using a butter knife and slice in half. (note the mug and muffin are hot, so do be careful)