A delicious low-carb cheeseburger casserole that will satisfy your need for a cheeseburger without needing to worry about the bun.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 lb Bacon chopped
- 6 oz Cream cheese
- 1 lb Shredded cheese cheddar or cheddar mix
- 4 ea Eggs, large
- 1 T Liquid smoke
- 1 T Harissa seasoning
- 1 T Onion powder You may substitute for 1/3 C freshly cut onions
- 1 T Garlic powder Be careful not to use garlic salt.
- 1/4 t Sazon seasoning I prefer Badia brand. If you buy the box, then 1 packet is appropriate.
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Casserole dish
- 1 Oven
- 1 Thermometer, remote with alarm
- 2 Potholders or heat resistant gloves
Divide the cheddar cheese and reserve half.
In a large bowl thoroughly mix the beef, the chopped bacon, the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and eggs.
Mix in the seasonings.
Place the mixture in a casserole dish, leveling it out covering the entire bottom. Top the mixture with the remaining cheese.
Set the oven temperature to 350F.
Place temperature probe into the center of the meat, and set the alert to 158F. (Note: The minimum safe temperature for ground meat is 160F, if you pull the casserole out at 158, it will continue to cook past 160F.)
Open the oven, place the dish in the oven and close the oven.
Wait for the thermometer to indicate that the set temperature alert has been reached and using the potholders or gloves, remove the casserole from the oven and place on a heat resistant surface.
While you allowing the casserole to sit for 3-5 minutes, close the oven and turn it off.
Serve and enjoy!